My Sister Sadie had her baby on the 11th! Teague Emmerson Haynie... What a cutie! Its making me so nervous with each new baby that comes knowing that I only have 1 prego sister left to go in labor and then its MY TURN!! I think im freaking myself out. At this point it will be great to finally be done with pregnancy since I am about to pop, but the idea of Labor scares me SOOOO bad. I watch way too much "Babies, special delivery" on the discovery health channel. It always shows really complicated births, and its not helping, but I just can't get enough! I dont think its the pain I am afraid of, I think the two scariest things to me are
1-The epidural needle
2- That something will go wrong
I am trying to be as optimistic as possible, and prepare myself for the huge blessing I will be receiving in 7 weeks!!!
10 comments:
Okay, so I hear you on the epideral needle. For goodness sakes, I knew they were going to be cutting me open, and the only I was afraid of was that darn needle. Take it from me...it is not bad...at all. I know everyone tells you that, but I am being serious. Everyone used to say that it won't hurt because you will be worried about contractions. I didn't even have contractions and it wasn't bad. Just like a normal shot!
You are so great, and will be so darling as a mom. Can we please hang out?!?! At least post a picture of your belly!
hey hannah! im glad you found my blog! i can't believe you're due in seven weeks! SO EXCITING! do you guys have a name?
by the way...don't be afraid of the epidural needle. im SO afraid of needles...but they give you a numbing shot and you seriously can barely feel it...and the releif is amazing. the IV hurt worse than the epidural by far.
Let see some prego pictures! I can't beleive you only have 7 weeks left! That means I'm right after you. So I was watching the "special delivery" show too, but I had to stop watching it because I wasn't sleeping very well because it freaked me out so bad, I almost had steve give me a blessing one night because I got so freaked out.
Don't worry Hannah. I was scared of the needle the first time too. but i have to say it is sooooo easy and I hate needles ...lots! But it is a breeze. I reccomment getting it early, actually before your contractions are too bad. It is super easy if you are not hurting already in my opinion. I agree with your other friends The IV is much worse!
Dont watch stupid baby deliveries. Just belevie that you are tougher than most. I go in with that mentality and then I am have to prove it to myself. I wasnt going to go in there afraid and hve some long drawn out labor. I was gonna kick butt. SO ARE YOU!
I'm agreeing with everybody that has posted comments- The epidural is not bad at all! When I had mine I was hardly having any contraction and it barely hurt at all-just a little prick. I didn't feel anything during labor, that part was FABULOUS! Don't worry little Hannah, everything will be just fine.
Well here is my turn.... i was so nervous like you too. We took a pre-natal class and if i recall I was about as far along as you when we took it. Call the hospital and ask them if they offer it. mine was like 50 bucks. they talk about your pregnancy, labor & delivery and we had a tour of the hospital. Wow! did that help because I was familar with the protocol when i went to the hospital. And the Epidural was awesome didn't feel a thing. I told nate he would have loved the Epidural! You will be surprise how not so bad it is!! hey if I can have a baby you can easy! talk to you soon Jet
by-the-way, your belly is adorable!
Seriously - the epidural needle is your best friend during delivery - do not be scared of him!!! And yes, sometimes things can go wrong, but it will all be fine - and the Lord will be with you; and doctors can do a lot these days. So try not to stress too much - that's the worst thing. But I know everyone can give you advice all day long, and it's not gonna mean anything 'til you experience it for yourself. So, until then - BE HAPPY BABE! It's all fun.
No one even told me about the epideral needle hurting. A few months back, I was talking to someone and they asked if it hurt, I said, "what"? NO WORRIES! If teen girls can have babies, SO CAN YOU!!! :) :)
Post a Comment