Monday, November 8, 2010

halloween fiesta!!

 HALLOWEEN 2010


Its not every day Bob Ross comes back from the dead to paint one more "happy little tree" but this Halloween he paid the Stayner Family a special visit... OK, OK this actually is KC. He even stayed up the night before watching a Bob Ross episode to help him create this masterpiece! 
 Smith has been really into pirates lately, and so the night before our Halloween party, we went and bought this get-up rather than making him wear what I originally had planned... I had to accept that one day I would not be able to choose his costume for him, as much as I love doing it.
Luckily, I still have one that I can manipulate :)


We spent this Halloween in Mexico, where they threw a Halloween Trick-or-treat party for all of the kids at the resort. I am proud to announce the WINNER of the kids costume contest.... drum roll....

NACHO LIBRE!!





My original costume idea for Smith was also a luchador. This picture would have been so much funnier had he been wearing that costume.

Although the candy they got in Mexico wasnt quite as exciting as the candy they are used to, we did not come home empty handed.  


The resort had a HUGE activity room where the kids could go and play for hours. 


and a monkey :)

The weather was beautiful, overcast most of the week which was nice, and made for great photos... if only our grumpy faced kids would be so cooperative.


Smith loved hanging out with his cousins all week. Traveling with 5 kids under age 4 was baffling to everyone at the resort








I have almost an identical picture from last years Mexico trip of KC and Smith. same swimsuits and all! 





 Smith was so pleasant the whole trip... until we tried to get him out of the pool and back to the room

but there were a few storms that kept us from swimming all day. It was incredible watching the storms roll in


luckily we had a bath tub on our balcony the kids could swim in even when the weather wasnt ideal

Thanks Craig for an amazing trip!! again!!







4 comments:

The Allred Family said...

That little smile on Miels' face when he is wearing the floaties...wow...that is the cutest smile EVER. I love looking at your gorgeous kids Hannie.

Freddie said...

Ok now that i totally miss the kids sooooo much also rub it in a little with Mexico.. one of my favorite places.. oh well at least you have one really nice dad. he-he. I was laughing so hard at all the pics of the kids i almost died. love ya all ..

Tracy Peterson said...

KC's costume is priceless! Han, you have the cutest family! Miss you tons!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

oh my gosh! i LOVE bob ross and nacho libre. i put those ideas in my halloween file for next year.

Other Posts

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"
-Mason Jennings