Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reality






Something about that picture of Mollie and My dad below makes me want to cry every time I look at it. I thought maybe it was because Mollie looks like she is going to cry, or because she is the last of the kids to be married off... I wasn't sure at first but then I realized the whole reason I got teary eyed is because of my DADS face. If you know my dad, you know he is always giving advice and praising us... and I know that is exactly what he was doing in that picture. being HIM! and it made me want to capture more AS THEY ARE moments in my life, because those are the pictures that I cherish forever. So I did a little experiment... I snuck out and without looking into my camera I followed Smith around and took pictures as he ran from me (as he always does) I just held the camera out, and while still interacting with him I snapped away. It didn't exactly capture one of those priceless moments, but I sure got some cute REAL smiles out of him :) If only someone would invent a camera you could implant into your eyeballs to catch memories of life how it really is... there would be some pretty embarrassing pictures of me out there...

6 comments:

spideybrian said...

LOVE that first pic of Smith! His eyes are so bright and darling! So cute Jewkes!....and you're right...I'd have some pretty awesome pics of you ;)!!!

Jules said...

i love seeing what you are up to. Miss being neighbors.

Jessica said...

I would totally buy that camera!

Freddie said...

Oh that is cute Nanny,,Smith is soooo cute and I love that boy. Glad your feeling better now.

The Fox Family said...

Ahh what a good post. I love these great pictures and i love your thoughts!

Annica said...

I love that picture of Mollie and Greg too! And, it's funny, because I recognize his "advice face" too!

Other Posts

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"
-Mason Jennings