Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do not disturb...

Smith is not a napper... he naps for MAYBE 15-20 min at a time, and even if I try to let him "cry it out" he just doesnt cry, he lays in his crib and looks sleepily around the room so I dont know if he gets any sleep or not unless I stare at him and count the minuets that his eyes actually close. The past week I have been focusing on making sure he naps, but today there were workers outside our house drilling the sidewalk. It was so loud Smith kept jumping every time they would drill. I got so frustrated I finally put him in his bouncer chair and stuck him in the tiny laundry room with the dryer running to drown out the drilling noise.... a miracle happened! He is sleeping! Its already been 45 min and I am so excited I had to write about it. I know I shouldnt get him used to sleeping in there, but at this point I am desperate. So for all you desperate mothers out there... try the laundry room.

I didnt want to risk taking a picture of this moment... so use your imagination.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

It's funny the things we do to help our babies sleep. Congrats - I hope he take a long nap!

Bjorn & Kris said...

Oh the sleeping patters of little babies! :) Gabby is not a napper either but she started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks. So you may get lucky there!

Hillarys little Paynes said...

hannah, on behalf of all mothers and babies out there i say, "do what works!!" he needs it, you need it, and no one can criticize till they have had a baby that doesn't sleep. yah for smith!

EVEN STEPHENS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I saw what a great way to spend your B-day! resting while he sleeps!! HAve a fun weekend, I think I am going to go to ST. G after all! You can come if you want!!! See Ya

Brittany said...

Poor little Smith! I'm glad you figured something out! and...Happy Birthday! I was thinking about you today and miss you lots! I hope you had a good day!

kateworthi said...

Dude - you gotta do what works for you. A mom canNOT function without sleep - even though it's so scare during the first little while. I hope you're starting to be well-rested. Oh yeah, and Happy Birtday (yesterday I think). My facebook reminded me of it! :) HOpe you had a good one.

Other Posts

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"
-Mason Jennings