Saturday, August 18, 2007

HOLY FOOT!

Soooooo, I have a hole in my foot an inch deep! We were at KC's soccer game and as we were leaving the field I stepped on a long rusty stake (the kind they use to stake down the soccer net) its about the width of a nail... I was just walking along and I felt a little stab. something had gotten caught between my flipflop and my foot, I sort of tripped and jabbed it right smack dab in the middle of my arch. I fell to the ground thinking I just needed to pull out a sticker or something but when I saw it I realized it was a stake! I tried to pull on it but it didnt budge cause I was too in shock so KC had to pull it out of my foot with a quick motion and it was way far in!!! He said "it just kept coming and coming" ha ha. It was nasty. We called the insta-care and they said just to soak it and bandage it, and I would be fine, no need to go to the emergency room cause Im up to date on my tetnus shots... so we cleaned it up and went home. Needless to say I didnt sleep AT ALL that night cause my foot was throbbing so bad, so I called my Baby doctor/family doctor and he said to hurry in. The infection was so bad my whole foot was hot and really really sore. (I cant walk at all) They did some baby safe x-rays and nothing hit the bone, so that was good news. I just have to use crutches for a day or so and wait for the nasty infection to go away. He had to inject my foot with numbing stuff and go in with tweezers and open the hole and clean it up. It went in so deep that he even pulled out a little piece of fat out of my foot!!! It was like a mini liposuction operation :) I hope our insurance covers foot liposuction... ha ha...

anyway, Im on a "baby safe" antibiotic, and just waiting for my foot to stop throbbing so I can walk again. I even had a wedding I was supposed to shoot all day today, and make the big bucks... I had to call a backup photographer and miss out. So much for spoiling our baby with lots of baby stuff! At least I found someone to do the job. It was a crazy night. I would post a picture but it really looks like the tiniest cut ever. I wouldnt want to look like a wuss...

2 comments:

Muranda said...

I'm sitting here right now, wishing you were here. I hope they are having fun without us...actually, I hope their not! I am so sorry about your foot. You are one tough cookie.

Muranda said...

I am wondering if you are ever going to blog again. How are you feeling?

Other Posts

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"

"From now on until the very end, never gunna spend another day without you again!"
-Mason Jennings