Lately I have been thinking a lot about motherhood. I've been thinking about the joys, stresses, overwhelming responsibility, and unbelievable blessing it is to be a mother. I LOVE being a mother. I do admit sometimes it feels like my whole world is diapers, dishes, dirt, and discipline, but for the most part being a mother, and a home maker is a job I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. I have often been asked why I no longer run my photography business, and why I have no desire to pursue my career. My answer: I have chosen a full time responsibility to my children. This is not to say that other women can not find a balance of motherhood, and career. I agree that some women can do it all. Some women have the amazing ability to balance work and home. They work at night while the kids are sleeping,work when the father is around, or simply have to work because there is no one else to provide for them and their children. Some women AMAZE me with what they can accomplish in a day. I am NOT those women.
So everything I say from here on out is only referring to ME, and women like me who have not found that balance and ability to do it all.
I have found, that in giving 100% of my time, energy, and love to my family and children my JOY is full. My life is full of purpose, and happiness. I have a greater understanding of my Heavenly Father's love and have learned to rely on him to help me with my daily decisions and tasks.
I loved this quote from April 2010 LDS General Conference:
A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all of the people or do all of the worthy things her heart yearns to do. Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important. A good woman must constantly resist alluring and deceptive messages from many sources telling her that she is entitled to more time away from her responsibilities and that she deserves a life of greater ease and independence. But with personal revelation, she can prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently.
Right now, in this stage of toddler chaos (Smith 2, Miles 1), I find myself often asking how I can possibly keep a clean home, find time for my church calling, my husband, my siblings and parents, my hobbies, my goals, my SELF. and then I am reminded that this is not chaos. This is BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, LIFE!! What did I expect? How else are we supposed to learn, grow, and become more like our Heavenly Father, gain Charity, Faith, and self worth? there is no better way! We mothers are fully engaged in the Lords work EVERY second of our lives. We are raising HIS sons and daughters. Teaching, showing, helping, serving them. We are "anxiously engaged in a good cause" and it doesn't get any better than this!
So next time you feel a little overwhelmed, remind yourself that you are a part of a marvelous work, and it is wonderful! And then look at these photos and tell me I don't have it REALLY good :)








5 comments:
My heart went all a-flutter when I saw the pic of the two boys hugging! Melty! Thanks for this message, your a fantastic mom. It really is the best job ever...even when I find my boy took a stamp pad to our couch.
You are so right!!!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts:)
thanks for sharing Hannah. I love your thoughts...and i completely agree. It's good to have the reminder of what's really important. And your boys cute faces sure makes your job a little easier huh?
LOVE the pix of them hugging. You can tell they love each other and are loved.
Thanks for reminding us about what is important in life. It is so easy to get distracted!!!!!!!
Post a Comment